It’s the first of March, and I am excited to announce that I will be launching my new book, Infinity’s Reach, on April 1. You want a free book. I want you to have a free book. But I don’t want to make it easy for you. So we are going to have a contest. That way, it’s fun and…difficult.
We’ll call it the Infinity’s Reach Escape Clause Contest. It’s directly related to the first chapter of Infinity’s Reach, which you can read here. Here are the rules, (but be patient with me, because I am making them up as I go along).
1. You have to make a sign. The sign should read: “I CAN HELP YOU ESCAPE.”
2. You have to take a photo or video of you holding up said sign in a public place. An example of that is below, which is from the cover of my short story collection, available free on Smashwords.
3. Post the image of you holding the sign on your Facebook page. Send me a link to that page. If you can’t get that to work, then just send me the image in jpg form. In the case of a video, post it on YouTube or a comparable site and send me the link. Send it to this blog or to my direct email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. I will be announcing it for the next two weeks, showing examples and will be accepting submissions, but the actual contest starts Monday, March 18. I will pick a winner each day thereafter (Monday through Friday) until April 1. Winners will need to provide mailing addresses where I can send the book. If you would rather receive an e-book version (Kindle or otherwise), I can do that too. But all prizes will be sent after April 1.
6. Winners will be announced here daily as well as on the Facebook Infinity’s Reach fan page. I will also post the winning photos in both places.
More than anything, this is supposed to be a fun contest, so lighten up. Be creative. I plan on awarding creativity and boldness.
So let’s give this a try, and have some fun in the meantime!