Well, no, not really worried. Infinity’s Reach is my 12th book, so if it does good, great. If it flops, well, I have been there too.
But it is exciting to have it show up on Amazon. I know the official launch is April 1, but I couldn’t help myself. My excuse is that the wheels of progress turn slowly and it may take a few days for IR to be available for readers/buyers.
The paper version is going to take a few more days. The ebook will definitely be available this weekend.
Therefore, I decided to throw a party. Anyone who logs onto Amazon this weekend (March 30-31) will be able to get the ebook for Infinity’s Reach FREE (at least that’s the plan). I decided to try out their Kindle Direct Plus (KDP) program, which includes five free days during the first 90 days. That explains why Infinity is only available on Amazon for the next three months. This is the first time I did it this way; I will tell you fellow authors what I think after we get into June.
Today also marks the beginning of the second week of our Infinity’s Reach Escape Clause Contest in which you hold up an embarrassing sign in public and you get a book. Yes, I just said that I was offering the ebook free this weekend, but that’s the ebook. The contest is offering a paperback version of the book signed by me (unless you don’t want me to sign it!). If you are a purist and like the feel of paper in your hands, then this is the way to go. In any case, the contest ends FRIDAY. Once again, here are the rules:
1. You have to make a sign. The sign should read: “I CAN HELP YOU ESCAPE.”
2. You have to take a photo or video of you holding up said sign in a public place.
3. Post the image of you holding the sign on your Facebook page. Send me a link to that page. If you can’t get that to work, then just send me the image in jpg form. In the case of a video, post it on YouTube or a comparable site and send me the link. Send it to this blog or to my direct email address: email@example.com.
4. I will be announcing it for the next week, showing examples and will be accepting submissions. I will pick a winner each day thereafter (Monday through Friday) until April 1. Winners will need to provide mailing addresses where I can send the book. If you would rather receive an e-book version (Kindle or otherwise), I can do that too. But all prizes will be sent after April 1.
5. You can enter as many times as you want, but only one prize per person. Images with more than one person will still receive only one prize.
6. Winners will be announced here daily as well as on the Facebook Infinity’s Reach fan page. I will also post the winning photos in both places.
More than anything, this is supposed to be a fun contest, so lighten up. Be creative. I plan on awarding creativity and boldness.